The data we collect on our website is managed by UAB Eimosta (the Company). Contact information: UAB Eimosta, Kauno str. 17-2A, Vilnius. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. no.: + 370 656 72120.
COLLECTED PERSONAL DATA, THEIR PURPOSE OF THE PROCESSING AND LEGAL BASIS
The data collected by the company may include the following customer data: name, phone numbers, residence and email addresses.
The purposes of the processing of personal data are:
– implementation of a written, remote selling contract;
– direct marketing and general information about the Company’s products, services, new products and promotions of new products, discounts;
– to serve Customers and provide information;
– to maintain customer relations, so that the Company’s representatives can contact the customers on issues of their concern;
– identify customer needs and provide them with special offers, recommendations, personalized content;- accounting;
– managing and recovering customer debt;
– analysis, evaluation, improvement of company activities, statistical and marketing research;
– fulfilling legal obligations imposed by law.
In all of the above cases, personal data shall be collected only to the extent necessary to achieve the relevant clearly defined and legitimate purposes and will be subject to the protection of the privacy of the data subject. We manage the data entrusted to us in accordance with the principles of legality, honesty and transparency.
We manage our customers’ personal information according to April 27, 2016 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, which cancels Directive 95/46 / EC (the “General Data Protection Regulation”) Electronic Communications Law of the Republic of Lithuania and other directly applicable legal acts regulating the protection of personal data.
TERM FOR THE STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data shall be processed and stored for no longer than necessary according to the business needs of the Company and its legitimate interests or in accordance with the requirements of the aforementioned legal acts defining the terms of storage of documents, including personal data. Personal data received through the website is stored for a maximum of 1 (one) year from your visit to the website and from the moment of inquiry, request or any other last business relationship between the Company and the Customer.
SOURCE OF ORIGIN OF PERSONAL DATA
The Company receives personal data from the data subjects themselves who visit the website www.eimosta.lt
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Any data you provide to us may be transferred to third parties providing services to the Company and / or acting on behalf of the Company, and such third parties may process such personal data. In cases expressly provided for by law, the data subject’s data may be transmitted to the competent authorities.
The company guarantees the rights of natural persons as provided by law and informs that any data subject (customer) has the right to:
– contact us and discuss any questions they may have about the Company’s processing of his/her data;
– obtain information on the personal data processed by the Company, to access the personal data processed and related information;
– demand the correction of the personal data if they are inaccurate or incomplete;
– request the Company to grant access to the data and to delete them (“the right to be forgotten”) or to restrict or refuse data processing, including the right to data portability;
– withdraw his/her consent at any time, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the consent-based processing prior to the revocation or to object to the processing;
– file a complaint against the processing of personal data with the State Data Protection Inspectorate, whose website address is www.ada.lt, if the data subject considers that the processing of his / her personal data is in violation of his / her rights and legitimate interests in accordance with applicable legislation;
– not to be subject to automated assessment or profiling.
The Customer’s request for the exercise of rights may be denied if it is manifestly unreasonable or excessive, as well as in other cases specified in regulatory enactments.